Tuesday, October 11, 2011

12 Days Until Regionals

It's the start of a new week, and lots more training to accomplish! Melissa and I are training hard, with different schedules, however Mel has more answers to your questions coming up very soon. This past weekend I performed my short program at the Washington FSC send-off in Rockville, MD donning my brand new dress. My dress was shipped for fitting a little over a week ago however before it reached my house it was returned to shipper marked "damaged". Never before had they seen something like that happen in transit...they were amazing and shipped a brand new dress out to me two days later. So dress number two amazing and just in time for the send-off! It was great to see SO many people representing the club and see all of the hard work they've done over the season. One of the highlights from my warm up at the send-off was fellow club member Armin Mahbanoozadeh. He performed his short program which was a-maz-ing. I'm thrilled to watch him compete in a few weeks at Skate America, he will be a strong contender for the podium. This week I'm back to training for Regionals, I will keep you updated about my progress.


In other skating news: I'm sad to hear about Courtney Hicks' injury while in Italy :( She's a talented skater and her humongous jumps will certainly be missed while she is recovering. Injuries are always a difficult task to overcome but she is a strong competitor and will get through it. Good luck to Team USA headed out to JGP Estonia and another round of Regionals this weekend!!!




-Haley

1 comment:

  1. I'm super sad I missed the send-off as I heard that both you and Armin were amazing to watch!!!! Full steam ahead to regionals!! (If it were a bit closer I'd come watch, but it's a drive)

    ReplyDelete